Sunday, April 19, 2015

ANA NH911, NRT-HKG, Boeing 767-300

After a quick 2 hour layover to stretch our legs and eat some noodles at the ANA Business Lounge we boarded NH911 bound for HKG.

Boeing 767-300 time!

At this point it was 10pm at night in Tokyo and it was starting to rain. There were some delays and we were getting pretty tired and grouchy.

It didn't help that we were on an inter-Asia ANA 767-300. The seat pitch on the 767-300 is horrible compared to the 777s. I wish ANA didn't have to configure their planes like this. It also seemed like it was a lot more cramped than before. I'm only 5'4" and I felt cramped. I can only imagine how some of my taller friends would feel.

My sister's seatmate was an absolutely rude guy that hogged most of the arm rest. Seriously, why can't you just stay in your allotted space?

Got leg room?

It seemed like we joined a conga line of airplanes to even get to the runway.
After what seemed like forever we were airborne. 

The flight attendants started hustling around the cabin to prepare for meal service right after we passed 10,000 ft. 

Service started with a snack and a drink. I ordered the ANA aromatic kabosu. It is a refreshing lemony, lime drink. I became obsessed with it during my last flight as it was really thirst quenching. 

ANA snack mix
Meal service soon followed. You either chose the Western or Japanese option. Since we were flying out of Tokyo I opted for the Japanese option. It had a pork chop with egg and rice and soba noodles. It even comes with a serving of miso soup. It was all really good. ANA really does have some good catering even in economy.

Japanese option meal
After the meal we were all really tired so we dozed off or tried to sleep given the cramped seats. I did wake up to see Taiwan lit up at night. The last time I was there was 2010 and I really hope that I can go there again sometime this year. 

Almost to Hong Kong!

The cool thing about flying on these 767s is that there is a nose camera so you can see what's going on outside. We had a pilot's view of the runway as we arrived in to HKG.

Moments from touchdown at HKG.

I have to say that this 767 experience is going to make me reconsider the way I get to Hong Kong from LAX. Unfortunately the options on Star Alliance aren't that varied. Thankfully ANA service and catering is top notch.
















No comments:

Post a Comment